Zanzibar Fashion Workshop
This one-day workshop is offered in anticipation of and preparation for Fashion Week Zanzibar for any person involved in the sewn clothing, accessories or home products businesses in Zanzibar. Workshop topics will focus on industry standards for the design and production of end products to meet specific target market demand and improve business opportunities. The workshop will be facilitated by Farouque Abdula, Fashion Designer and Business Owner in Zanzibar, Tanzania and Karen Steen, Professor of Fashion Studies at Cazenovia College in Cazenovia, New York, USA.
Topics to be Covered will Include:
• Definition of target Markets
• Sewing and Construction Techniques
• Product Design and Development
• Professional Presentation and Product Merchandising
• Each workshop attendee bring to the workshop two garments or accessories they have designed or made for the purpose of group critique and assessment related to the topics presented.
• Workshop attendees will provide 3 products from their business which will be evaluated for international marketing opportunities; these products will be taken to the United States for potential sale with the proceeds of any product to be used to fund future workshops.
• Participants will discuss business challenges and opportunities for those working in the Zanzibar fashion industry
• Attendees will consider opportunities for future collaboration among workshop participants and facilitators.
The workshop will be held in Sea Cliff resort and Spa in Zanzibar and will start at 8.30 am in the morning and will finish by 4.00 in the evening on 28th October 2013.